Hunting PackagesPrairie Chicken Hunting
Guided Prairie Chicken Hunts
Prairie Chickens are considered one of the only true trophy upland birds left in the world, and SD's population is the highest.This is a once in a lifetime bucket list hunt, that most upland hunters have never had the opportunity to see done correctly.
We have exclusively secured 15,000 acres of prime midwest prairie land. As a company, our main focus is to limit out on prairie chickens. You even have the opportunity to hunt a small mix of sharptail grouse.
What to Expect
Timing is key to hunting the "king of the prairie". The birds group into packs of 50-150 which enables them to scout for predators on the vast prairie. Using their defense to our advantage, our experienced team works extensively watching and scouting the birds to ensure that your hunt is successful. We will get you close enough for shots of 45-75 yard range.
The hunt is walking style, over pointing dogs, kept in close range to not bump the birds. Because they are so fast, this makes them the most challenging bird to hunt.
Prairie Chicken Hunting Packages
- The South Dakota Prairie Chicken season runs from the 3rd Saturday in September through 1st weekend of January.
- South Dakota statewide limit of 3 prairie chickens per day, with possession limit of 15 per person.
- You can purchase a South Dakota hunting license online.
- Lodging and full meals
- Transportation during hunts
- Top hunting guides and dogs
- Birds cleaned and packaged
Hunter to Provide
- Transportation to Geddes, SD
- Cooler, license, shells, and gun
- Alcoholic beverages, if desired
- Skeet Range and guns are available for rent
- Ammunition available for purchase
- We now have an option to coordinate off-sale alcohol purchases. Contact Amanda at 605-428-5007 for details.
Cast & Blast Package
- Add a 4-5 hour walleye fishing trip to any pheasant package
- $650 per day / per boat ( 1-3 people / boat)
Blast & Blast Package
- Add a 4-5 hour morning duck hunt to any pheasant package
- $400 per day / per person (minimum 4 people)
What our Guests are Saying
I’ve stayed with Missouri River Lodge several times. The accommodations and services are some of the best I’ve ever experienced!! Joel and Amanda are salt of the earth people. Look forward to hunting and fishing with them in the future. As the saying goes; You get what you pay for but in this instance it’s above and beyond. Thanks so much for hosting us.
Everyone at the South Dakota Outfitters was friendly, helpful and professional. My hunting buddies and I had a wonderful time. We saw hundreds of wild pheasants, ducks and geese all three days we hunted. Amanda and Joel were always smiling and making sure our stay was comfortable. Special thanks to the entire staff especially the Guides and dogs for making each hunt a successful experience. Amanda and Joel along with their entire staff run a first class operation! I highly recommend South Dakota Outfitters.